Sometimes your schedule gets busy and it can be easy to let certain things fall by the wayside, but it’s not a good idea to ignore those routine checkups with your West Houston, TX dentist Dr. June Goodall. Even if your smile feels great, these visits are still crucial for good long-term oral health.
What happens during these routine visits?
They may seem rather unimportant, but these checkups could protect your smile from long-term and irreversible damage. Here are some of the things that will happen when you come into our Houston dental office:
- We will examine your teeth and check for decay
- We will inspect your gums and make sure there are no signs of gum disease
- We will check the rest of your soft tissue to look for suspicious lesions or growths (oral cancer screening)
- We will check your jaw, head and neck
- X-rays will be run once a year to check for underlying issues that may not be visible through a physical exam alone
- We will perform a thorough dental cleaning to remove plaque and tartar buildup
Every six months…Really?
If your oral health is good and you are dealing with any problems, then it’s strongly advised that you come in every six months for routine cleanings. Even if your smile feels great and you brush and floss routinely, you should still come into our office.
And if you are dealing with an issue like gum disease, then you’ll probably need to come in more often to have your teeth cleaned. How often you come in for cleanings will depend on how severe your gum disease is. If you have periodontal disease, talk to us about how often you should be coming into our office for care.
If it’s time you scheduled your next visit with us, then don’t hesitate to call your general dentist in Houston, TX. Turn to June Goodall, DDS & Associates for all of your smile needs.